Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (VEIP)
1. The VEIP process requires small cars and light trucks to conform to Federal emissions standards.
2. A test notice is mailed approximately eight weeks before the test due date.
3. There are nineteen VEIP stations and you can take your vehicle to any station. Or, if your vehicle qualifies you can utilize a self-serve kiosk.
4. At the end of the test, the inspector will present you with your certificate and tell you if your vehicle passed or failed the test, and the date of your vehicles next test.
5. The cost of the test is $14.00 and is required every two years.
1. After you title and register your vehicle in Maryland, you will receive an emission notice in the mail. It will arrive in about 4-6 weeks. The notice will provide all the VEIP station locations and directions.
Senior Citizens Waiver
If you are 70 or older, you may apply for a waiver if:
1. All owners of the vehicle are 70 years of age and older and
2. The vehicle is driven 5,000 miles or less annually.
Disabled Individuals Waiver
Anyone with disabled tags may apply for a waiver if:
1. All owners of the vehicle meet the requirements of a disabled person.
2. The vehicle is currently registered with valid disabled tags.
3. The vehicle is driven 5,000 miles or less annually.
© Norman's Tags and Title All rights reserved